Your health is your wealth, guard it with knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.
Benefit of Medical Massage for Improving Blood Circulation and Blood Pressure
Circulation is the most vital function. Without it we could not survive more than a couple of minutes.
The blood moves around the body inside the circulatory system. This is made up of blood vessels called arteries, veins and capillaries. The blood keeps moving through these blood vessels because it is being pumped by the heart.
Arteries carry blood that is full of oxygen from the heart to all parts of the body. As the arteries get further and further away from the heart, they get smaller and smaller.
Eventually they turn into capillaries. These are the smallest blood vessels. They go right into the tissues. Here the blood in the capillaries gives oxygen to the cells and picks up the waste gas, carbon dioxide, from the cells.
The capillaries are connected to the smallest veins in the body. The veins get bigger and bigger as they carry the blood back towards the heart.
The blood passes through the right side of the heart and goes to the lungs where it gets rid of carbon dioxide and picks up more oxygen.
It then passes through the left side of the heart and is pumped back around the body.
The blood always circulates through the body in the same direction. As well as oxygen and carbon dioxide, many other substances are carried in the blood. The blood circulating through the digestive system picks up digested food products and carries them to the liver to be used or stored.
Arterial blood, coming from the heart, carries to every cell of the body everything that the cell needs: oxygen from the lungs, nutrients from the digestive system and hormonal secretions from the glands. If any part of your body is not receiving enough blood circulation, you might be starving. But since circulation is one of our body’s automatic functions, we tend to take it for granted- not realizing how much it is affected by what we do, or fail to do.
To improve circulation we do aerobic and strengthening exercises, because it makes us consume more oxygen. There are plenty of people who do aerobic every day and still suffer cold hands and feet, fatigue and many other symptoms of poor circulation. During aerobic exercise, the muscles are demanding more blood and the heart is sending more, but at the same time your muscles are so contracted that blood vessels cannot receive the increased blood flow, what is the result? Your heart works too hard for nothing. Only if the muscles are relaxed a workout is beneficial. I am not trying to discourage anyone from exercise- far from it; only a relaxed and healthy body enjoys vigorous exercise. We should consider start exercise gradually from mild to moderate and than vigorous.
Tight muscles put pressure on the blood vessels, which are narrowed and hardened.
Cardiovascular disease is directly related to excess tension in the chest muscles.
Strokes are closely related to excess tension in the neck muscles.
Muscles tension in the back triggers neurological problems such as multiple sclerosis.
Relaxing muscles tension is, therefore, not just important - it could be a lifesaver.
A regular Therapeutic Massage greatly benefits your circulation because:
- Effect increase of the size and the number of open capillaries. Because of it, the tissue receives more nutrients, oxygen and increases metabolism in the cell. For instance: Premature infants improve weight gain.
- The heart does not have to contract as hard, so it increases the contraction capability of the heart muscle.
- Stimulate blood production in cases of anemia.
- Influence the circulation of lymph. In case of edema in tissues it helps to eliminate of wastes and toxic debris.
- Release endorphins- amino acid - that is the body’s natural pain killer.
That’s why it relieves pain throughout the body.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety
- PMS syndrome patients report decreasing water retention and cramping
- Reduce level of the stress hormone cortisol while boosting the feel- good hormones serotonin and dopamine. Those changes slow your heart rate, reduce blood pressure, improve digestion and block your nervous system’s pain receptors. For instance: it reduces pain in case of migraine, labor pain, fibromyalgia, and even cancer.