Your health is your wealth, guard it with knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.
Are you getting enough Sleep?
Sleep problems affect nearly every aspect of life, including mood, mental alertness, work performance, and energy level.
Although the amount of sleep a person needs varies, most people require between seven and eight hours a night to feel rested. Constantly battling insomnia can cause problems during the day, such as excessive fatigue, trouble focusing or thinking clearly, and feeling depressed or irritable.
If your insomnia makes it hard for you to function during the day, consider following these suggestions:
- Try to go to sleep the same time each night and get up the same time each morning.
- Do not take naps after 3 p.m.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol late in the day or at night.
- Get regular exercise. Exercise during the day — make sure you exercise at least five to six hours before bedtime.
- Make sure you eat dinner at least two to three hours before bedtime.
- Keep your bedroom dark, quiet, and cool. If light is a problem, try a sleeping mask. If noise is a problem, try earplugs, a fan, or a "white noise" machine to cover up the sounds.
- Follow a routine to help you relax and unwind before sleep, such as reading a book, listening to music, or taking a bath.
- If you can't fall asleep within 20 minutes or don't feel drowsy, get up and read or do something that is not too active until you feel sleepy. Then try going back to bed.
- If you lay awake worrying about things, try making a to-do list before you go to bed.
- Use your bed only for sleep and sex.
Regular relaxation massage touch is the ideal remedy for Insomnia. You first experience the relief from massage’s soothing movements that can loosen tense muscles, but there are so many more benefits.
Massage can open the lines of communication throughout your body.
For instance, your blood and lymph circulation is increased, which helps all parts of your body to receive essential nutrients, dispose of waste products, and defend against disease.
Massage addresses the imbalances by stimulating the sensory receptors that interconnect and harmonize all areas of your body, bringing it back into proper balance. This brings about that sense of calmness and relaxation.